Plan ahead and expect delays: M-14, US-23 construction projects
November 8, 2016 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that two night-time construction projects, one on M-14 and one on US-23, may affect traffic in the area. Employees whose commute includes these roadways should plan ahead and expect delays.
Here’s what you need to know:
- A single lane is scheduled to be closed on westbound M-14, from Barton Drive to Main Street, between 9 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9 and 5 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10.
- The westbound entrance ramp from Barton Drive is scheduled to be closed between 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9 and 5 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10.
- Road and bridge improvements are underway along US-23, between M-14 and Silver Lake Road.
- Overnight single-lane closures should be expected northbound along this stretch of US-23 between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. each night.
- The project is expected to last until mid-to-late November.
- Once complete, a traffic shift is scheduled to be installed in each direction to accommodate temporary bridge widening and median work.
- More extensive construction will take place along US-23 following this first stage, and work is expected to last through the winter and into 2017.
- For more information on the US-23 project, click here.