Nominations now accepted for Volunteer Distinguished Service awards
Everyone at Michigan Medicine knows a fantastic student or community volunteer that goes above and beyond in providing a caring and nurturing influence with patients and families. Please consider nominating them for the 2018 Distinguished Volunteer Service Award.
Click here to find the nomination form. The deadline for submission is Wednesday, Feb. 28.
Here’s what you need to know about the Distinguished Service Award selection process:
Goal: To ensure decisions are fair, unbiased, and based solely on the nomination information.
Who is eligible? Any individual student or community member, whose ongoing service (in conjunction with programs supported by Volunteer Services) has a positive impact on patients and families at Michigan Medicine in a substantial, important or unique way.
Who is not eligible?
- Previous winners or persons nominating themselves, spouses or family members.
- A group of volunteers representing a unit or existing placement (i.e., “Emergency room volunteers”).
- A group or organization whose members volunteer as an extension of one’s job description (i.e., Free Clinic).
- A nomination form must be completed during the nomination period for consideration.
- Please include detailed reasons why the volunteer should be considered such as specific patient/family interactions.
- Nominations will be evaluated by the multidisciplinary Volunteer Recognition Committee. Nominees are selected based on merit and in accordance with U-M Standard Practice Guide
Good luck to all the future nominees!