NCRC parking lots to undergo color tier reassignments; commuter parking options added
Please be advised that parking color tier changes are planned in the coming months while added commuter parking spaces — both free or at low cost — are now available on North Campus and the East Medical Campus as part of ongoing efforts to alleviate stress on parking.
Here’s what you need to know:
- NC95: This lot began reopening in the past few weeks as Blue permit parking.
- NC92: Effective Monday, April 29, this lot will be designated as Blue permit parking, and will also include Gold, Visitor, Service Vehicle and Business Vehicle spaces.
- Please note, this lot had been temporarily converted to Orange parking, but in line with various relocations from the main medical campus to NCRC, the lot will be returning to its original designation.
- NC93 and NC96: Effective July 1, these lots will be designated as Blue permit parking.
- NC90: This lot will be closed for construction beginning in June with estimated project completion in August. When the lot reopens, it will be designated as Yellow permit parking.
- NC82 and NC83: These lots are planned as Blue permit parking and will be converted in a future fiscal year (timing TBD).
- Advance signage will be posted in lots prior to the scheduled changes.
The improved commuter parking options in the area include:
- NC53 (Orange): 100 new spaces are open on a temporary basis in a gravel section of the lot. Approximately 250 new orange parking spaces will open in late spring to summer.
- Green Road Park & Ride (free): 120 additional free parking spaces will open in late spring to summer.
- East Ann Arbor (EC1) gravel lot (free): Free parking for Michigan Medicine employees with frequent shuttle service to the medical campus. Click here for more information.
Please see the map above for a look at the tier reassignments.