PreventT2 Diabetes Prevention Program starts next week!
The spring session of PreventT2, the Diabetes Prevention Program, begins on Thursday, April 12, and there’s still time to register!
If you have prediabetes or are at high risk for developing type 2 diabetes, this year-long program can help cut your risk in half.
PreventT2 is part of the Center for Disease Control’s National Diabetes Prevention Program, an evidenced-based approach that helps lower risk for diabetes through intensive lifestyle change.
By joining this program, you will:
- Learn how foods, physical activity, weight and stress affect blood sugar.
- Work toward moderate weight loss.
- Learn balanced meal planning.
- Increase your physical activity.
- Discuss stress management techniques.
- Learn how to handle holidays, vacations and social occasions.
- And more!
PreventT2 meets weekly during the first six months, then once or twice a month for the remainder of the year. Each session is led by a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator.
You are eligible for the program if you meet both of these requirements:
- Lab results showing A1C of 5.7-6.4% in the last year.
- BMI of 25 or higher (23 or higher if Asian).
This is a covered benefit for eligible members of BCN U-M Premier Care. For all other insurance plans, an out-of-pocket fee may apply.
To learn more about this program and to sign up, email email@example.com or call 734-998-2475 and select option 1.